Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Beginners Guide to Using Keynote in Your Printed Documents

Hello Friends!
This is Cindy from Kinderkay Love Those Kinders and I am excited to be a part of this collaborative blog! I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself and then share a tutorial that I made showcasing some of the things that I have learned while using Keynote.

First of all, when people see my blog and TPT name as Kinderkay, they assume that my first name is Kay, but actually my first name is Cindy and my middle name is Kay. It was the idea of my kids to use my middle name with Kinder and it stuck! :)

 I have taught kindergarten for 20 years - yep - 20 years! Whew! That even sounds like a long time to me! But there is something about kindergarten that I love; despite the fact that over these 20 years, kindergarten skills have turned into first grade skills. One of the things I love to do is helping kids realize that they can draw and create anything! We teach thematically in my kindergarten, so my kiddos create booklets that they illustrate and take home to share with their  families. I am a firm believer that kids learn best when they take an active role in their learning. Here is an example of a page from their Earth and Space booklet...


I am the Mom of 3 grown kids - one of them married! My husband is a corn and bean farmer with a few head of Hereford cattle.


I love gardening, sewing, and reading! I love lakes, shopping in quaint shops, and cooking with WHOLE food..... and I am a Catholic School teacher. I love sharing my faith with my little ones. It brings me much joy.

When I was asked to be a collaborator on this blog and I saw that one of our days was titled "Techy Tuesday", I decided that Tuesday would NOT be one of my blogging days as I am NOT a techy person......But one evening as I was visiting with some of my teacher friends on Facebook, I happened to mention that I was using Keynote to create a document. All of a sudden, I had quite a few questions about how to use it and someone suggested that I write a tutorial about what I had learned. That got me to thinking about how nice it would have been for ME to have had a tutorial to go to when I was just learning Keynote; one that was simple to follow and understand. So, here I am writing my first post on "Techy Tuesday" and  I am still shaking my head over it!


I use Keynote A LOT when I create my documents; mainly because I feel that it gives me more latitude towards creativity.  Also, most new Macs come with Keynote installed rather than Power Point, so I think it is a good thing to have a working knowledge about how it works! I really like Power Point, too, so many times when I am creating documents, I am copying and pasting from one format to another.

So.... after many tries, this is very "untechy" person is sharing with you a video tutorial on what to do if you are just beginning to use Keynote!




Until next time!
http://lovethosekinders-kinderkay.blogspot.com/

1 comment: