Friday, March 27, 2015

Bunny Hop CVC Game

Hello!  It’s Freebie Friday!  As if Fridays aren't already good enough, we teachers on iTeachKinder are sweetening the deal by throwing in freebies for you as well!

First of all, I want to take a minute to introduce myself.  My name is Katie Roltgen from Resources by Mrs. Roltgen, and I’m thrilled to be one of the collaborators here on iTeachKinder!
  

I taught K-2 special education before I switched over to teaching Kindergarten.  Like many of you, my heart lies in Kindergarten!  There are so many sweet and wonderful things about five- and six-year olds and it’s truly a special year.  Although I loved teaching, last year I decided to tackle a new job: Being a stay-at-home mom to my two sweet daughters!  I have a three-year-old and a seven-month-old.  Although I spend the majority of my time enjoying them, I find time to create teaching resources, which I absolutely love doing!  I'm sharing one of my favorites with you today!

I love when a resource is both thematic and educational.  Students can get so caught up in the fun of the resource that they forget they’re learning!  Last year, I created this “Bunny Hop” CVC Word Game for my students and it was a hit!  



The point of the game is to help the bunny find his basket of eggs, and what kindergartener doesn’t want to be a helper?  It’s a pretty simple concept with a spring twist!  Although I used it as a whole-group activity, this also works as:

* a small group learning game (guided reading, special education)
* a “Big Buddies” activity – If your students have buddies from older grades, this is a great activity for them to do together!
* a literacy center – If your students have to work independently for centers, you could print the black and white version and have students color each word after they read it.
* a take-home activity – I printed the black and white version for each student and sent it home for at-home practice!



I included both a color version and a black and white version for your convenience.  I also included game cubes and bunny games pieces that are easy to assemble.  If you’re in a pinch, you can simply use a six-sided die and colored chips or other game pieces.



You can find the freebie by clicking on the picture below.  Happy Freebie Friday!

Click on the picture to download this freebie!

2 comments:

  1. Katie..this is great! I am adding it to my Easter centers for next week! THANKS! wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute game & perfect for this time of year! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete