Sunday, July 26, 2015

Kindergarten Morning Work Sampler

Hello there!  This is Katie from Resources by Mrs. Roltgen.  If you're on summer break right now, I know you're probably clinging to these last few weeks of vacation.  It's hard not to think about school though, and today, I'm going to share something with you that is designed to make your life a little easier this coming school year!


Thinking about my own classroom when I taught kindergarten, one of my main priorities was to have routine and predictability - at least, as much as any kindergarten classroom allows for!  I always felt like much of the tone for our day was set in the first few minutes when the students walked in the door.  I could always tell if they were generally happy, tired, or still hyped up on sugar (hello, day after Halloween!).

A great way to help students settle into the day's routine and get their brains into "school-mode" is by having work already at their desks when they walk in.  It's a simple way, low-prep way to start your day, and it gives students something to do from the minute they get there.   For the first few weeks, your students might need some guidance to complete their morning work.  However, once they become more independent with their morning work, you might even find a decrease in interruptions during those sometimes-hectic few minutes after students arrive.  Here's a summary of just a few of the benefits of morning work:


I have Kindergarten Morning Work packs available for months September through May.  Each pack includes 25 ready-to-print pages that review relevant kindergarten skills.  The first couple months' packs are more simple, and they progressively become more difficult.  The entire bundle includes 225 pages. That way, if you would like to start using the pages a little earlier than September, you should be able to begin using the September pack a little early and still have enough pages for your entire school year.




If you're interested in checking out my morning work packs, I have a one-week morning work sampler available in my store for free!  Click here or on the picture to download it in my store.



If you're interested in checking out the entire year bundle or getting links to the individual packs, click here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment