Friday, June 19, 2015

Shape Riddles

Hey there!  It's Andrea from I Heart Kindergarten.  I have been on summer break for 2 weeks already and I'm loving it!  It's so nice to relax, spend time with my little girl, and not have to set my alarm clock!

It's Freebie Friday!  For those of you who are still in school, here's a cute little math activity that my kiddos loved.  And, if you're already out for summer, be sure to tuck this one away for next year!

My students had so much fun learning about shapes this year!  I planned a lot of interactive, hands-on activities, and this was one of their favorites!  Shape Riddles Matching Activity!  Click on the picture below to download the activity to use in your classroom.


The prep is simple.  Just copy the riddle cards, shape name labels, and shapes onto cardstock and laminate for durability.  I decided to use several different colors of cardstock to make a few sets.  


I had my students work in pairs on this activity, but you could also put students in small groups or use this as an independent math center activity.   Students worked together to read the riddles and match each one to the correct shape, then label the shapes with the correct name.  

    

Students finished up the activity by working on a follow-up cut-and-paste sheet for extra practice.  This sheet could also be used as homework.


Enjoy!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment