Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Egg Writing

It's time for another Freebie Friday!!! Let me first introduce myself. I am Julie Davis from Big Ideas for Little Hands. This is my 9th year teaching. I spent my first 6 years in Pre-K and then moved to Kindergarten and love every minute! I teach on a military base in Kentucky and my husband is pilot in the Army. We have a beautiful 11 year old daughter. I am so excited to be part of this amazing new group and cannot wait to share some amazing ideas with you!

Now onto the freebie! This is one of my favorite Easter books to read each year. It is a sweet story about the how Easter Bunny's eyes are getting too tired to paint the eggs and he gets help from three little assistants. They each find some inspiration to paint the best egg they can to be chosen for the new design. 

http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Easter-Eggs-Ever/dp/0439443210

After reading the story, I tell the kids that the Easter Bunny has chosen our class to help him design the best Easter egg for this year. I give the kids a cutout Easter egg and they can choose how they want to decorate their egg using crayons, markers, colored pencils, or paint.

After they decorate their egg, they must write a letter to the Easter Bunny to explain why and persuade him to choose their egg. Love how they turned out!

 "I think you should pick my egg because it has you on it."


 "You will love my egg I know because it is pretty."


 "You should pick my egg because it's the best and beautiful."



 "You should pick my egg because it is pretty."

Now click below to grab your free writing paper and have your little bunnies start decorating their eggs!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByX88jF8o5gKUndROFhncWJMQmM&authuser=0

~*~Julie~*~ 
http://bigideasforlittlehands.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment